Vape Merchant is committed to the NZ Government's Smokefree 2025 goal. If you don't smoke or vape, don't start.
At Vape Merchant we firmly believe that Smokefree 2025 goal is possible. It means we need to reduce the number of New Zealanders that currently smoke from around 14% to under 5% in the next 5 years. That’s around a 65% reduction over the next 5 years or around 15% per year.
Why are we confident that this is possible? Well the pioneering spirit of New Zealanders has consistently risen to difficult challenges - summiting Everest, being Nuclear Free, splitting the atom, and manned flight to name a few. And most importantly because New Zealand smokers are clearly motivated to change, and there are results that prove we can do it.
- 65% of New Zealand Smokers would quit tomorrow morning if they could
- 80% of New Zealand Smokers have tried to quit in the last 5 years
- 70% of participants in a recent trial were able to become smoke free
- And around 14% of Vape Merchant customers have become smoke-free in the first 8 months of 2019
Whilst this is possible, New Zealand smokers need the help and support of appropriate regulations to do this. We believe regulations must:
- Offer smokers alternatives that work
- Ensure products are independently tested & verified so smokers know it’s a quality choice
- Enable smokers to make informed decisions in R18+ dedicated environments
- Tighten areas of justified concern such as marketing & Non-smoker/Youth Access
- Support at risk groups that already have disproportionally high levels of smoking
Being smoke-free and having smoke-free environments helps to support the health and wellbeing of our families and whānau. We all know tobacco kills, so it makes sense.