Preventing Youth Access
Responsible Retailing Policy
• Before interacting or serving anyone who looks under 25 they will be asked for proof of age identification or to leave the store.
• We only accept a current Passport, New Zealand Drivers License, or an 18+ Card as proof of age identification.
• Once a valid ID check has been completed we will then engage with the customer.
• In the case where ID was requested and a transaction has occurred, the date of birth will be recorded against that transaction.
In addition, we also reserve the right to refuse service or sell where Vape Merchant staff have legitimate reasons to withhold service. This includes:
• Suspicion that the purchase is for an underage person or persons.
• Suspicion that the purchase is for resale.
• The customer is part of the Consumer Exclusion Policy - either voluntarily or as requested by a direct family member.
• The customer is aggressive or intoxicated.
Vape Merchant has a physical verification process in place to prevent access to underage users of vaping products for e-commerce customers.
• All first time orders are physically checked on delivery. The R18 “No Authority to Leave” service is provided by Courier Post and requires the package to be delivered to the stated address and a physical ID check to be completed before the ID is recorded and the package is signed for and handed over. Please note that if there is not verified ID presented at the address on the package by the person physically accepting the parcel, it will not be delivered. This process ensures that the order has been legitimately placed and received
• Vape Merchant R18 No Authority to Leave orders will not deliver to drop points or accept delivery address changes/re-routing of e-commerce orders that have been dispatched.
• If an established customer changes their delivery address we will repeat the R18 No Authority to Leave process for that order to once again re-establish the customers validity.
• Vape Merchant only accepts Credit Cards for e-commerce transactions. We do not accept PayPal or Debit Cards for e-commerce.