Vape Merchant is committed to the NZ Government's Smokefree 2025 goal. If you don't smoke or vape, don't start.
Smokefree Aotearoa 2025
At Vape Merchant we firmly believe that Smokefree 2025 goal is possible. It means we need to reduce the number of New Zealanders that currently smoke from around 14% to under 5% in the next 5 years. That’s around a 65% reduction over the next 5 years or around 15% per year.
Why are we confident that this is possible? Well the pioneering spirit of New Zealanders has consistently risen to difficult challenges - summiting Everest, being Nuclear Free, splitting the atom, and manned flight to name a few. And most importantly because New Zealand smokers are clearly motivated to change, and there are results that prove we can do it.
- 65% of New Zealand Smokers would quit tomorrow morning if they could
- 80% of New Zealand Smokers have tried to quit in the last 5 years
- 70% of participants in a recent trial were able to become smoke free
- And around 14% of Vape Merchant customers have become smoke-free in the first 8 months of 2019
Whilst this is possible, New Zealand smokers need the help and support of appropriate regulations to do this. We believe regulations must:
- Offer smokers alternatives that work
- Ensure products are independently tested & verified so smokers know it’s a quality choice
- Enable smokers to make informed decisions in R18+ dedicated environments
- Tighten areas of justified concern such as marketing & Non-smoker/Youth Access
- Support at risk groups that already have disproportionally high levels of smoking
Being smoke-free and having smoke-free environments helps to support the health and wellbeing of our families and whānau. We all know tobacco kills, so it makes sense.
All Vape Merchant stores are R18 environments and we have an Under 25 Policy. We strive to serve with all customers in a polite, respectful and courteous manner. This means that:
- Before interacting or serving anyone who looks under 25 they will be asked for proof of age identification or to leave the store.
- We only accept a current Passport, New Zealand Drivers License, or an 18+ Card as proof of age identification.
- Once a valid ID check has been completed we will then engage with the customer.
- In the case where ID was requested and a transaction has occurred, the date of birth will be recorded against that transaction.
In addition we also reserve the right to refuse service or sell where Vape Merchant staff have legitimate reasons to with hold service. This includes:
- Suspicion that the purchase is for an underage person or persons.
- Suspicion that the purchase is for resale.
- The customer is part of the Consumer Exclusion Policy - either voluntarily or as requested by a direct family member.
- The customer is aggressive or intoxicated.
Vape Merchant has a physical verification process in place to prevent access to underage users of vaping products for e-commerce customers.
- All first time orders are physically checked on delivery. The R18 “No Authority to Leave” service is provided by Courier Post and requires the package to be delivered to the stated address and a physical ID check to be completed before the ID is recorded and the package is signed for and handed over. Please note that if there is not verified ID presented at the address on the package by the person physically accepting the parcel, it will not be delivered.
- Vape Merchant will not deliver to drop points or accept delivery address changes/re-routing of e-commerce orders that have been dispatched.
- If an established customer changes their delivery address we will repeat the R18 No Authority to Leave process for that order to once again re-establish the customers validity.